Currently employing a field maintenance force of dedicated personnel supplemented by a further 16 committed specialist sub-contract personnel, the water maintenance services group provide “round the clock” coverage for all water maintenance requirements including:
- Repairs to burst and leaking water mains
- Repairs to burst and leaking water services
- Water Service renewal – using both traditional pipe relaying techniques and the new “Innatube” technology
- Repairs to large diameter water transfer mains (including installation of electrolysis equipment and welding)
- Repairs to water fittings including valves and hydrants
- Installation of water assets, including laying of water mains extensions and installation of new hydrants, valves and services.
This group also undertakes reactive repairs by agreement to the re-use water supply system that is operated within the South East Water region