The Wastewater maintenance team consists of field personnel and specialist crews for asset dig-outs and repairs as well as crews which carry out sewer clearances.
Together, this group provides 24/7 civil maintenance and minor capital works throughout the South East Water region and performs activities including:
- Repair and rehabilitation or replacement of wastewater pipelines and assets
- Manhole and manhole cover replacement
- Emergency by-pass pumping
- Blockage clearance
- House Connection Branch installations and replacements
- Closed-circuit Televising of wastewater pipelines
Preventative maintenance including:
- Treatment of root affected pipelines with a root-growth inhibiting agent.
- Proactive cleaning of gas-check manholes.
- Proactive cleaning of wastewater wet-wells and pump-stations.
- Proactive cleaning and televising of large (>300mm) diameter branch sewer pipelines.